Wednesday 19 November 2014

Grown up chocolate tree decoration

I've been making some chocolate tree decorations and thought it might be nice to have some adult only ones using Green and Black's dark chocolate miniature bars.




This is the finished decoration and I have done a very quick tutorial for you to make them yourself.

I chose cardstock to match the wrapper of the chocolate - dark brown, dark red, gold and black.



I started with the black card.





If you don't have a tag punch just cut the corners at an angle and use a hold punch for the hold.








Thread through both holes and using gold thread or narrow ribbon, tie to hold in place.

Here are some I made earlier:)


I added some more gold thread tied at the back of the decoration to enable it to hang on the tree.

Very quick, easy and effective and sometimes we try too hard and overlook the simple ideas!



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! My tree will be gold this year so these are perfect. Thank you, Susi.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely - a great idea to provide tree treats for the adults too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very clever! love it and can see these appearing on my tree too ;) jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. The colours are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete